Thursday, July 22, 2010

Let the pieces fall where they may.

Some days I feel like stress is Satan itself. It's this huge burden, weighing down my personal serenity, and overwhelming my inner calm. It boggles my mind with a never ending over flow of possible things to come, to fail or to change. The future distracts my present. What may be, takes priority over what is. Anxiety is all consuming. Though, as difficult as it is, if you can step back, if you can look at your situation from the other side of the room, than you might notice that stress is actually quite a selfish indulgence. Bare with me here.

I've been trying to pay attention to level of faith that I commit to lately. I'm in the midst of a quite stressful time in my life right now. So what do I do ? Worry about ? Allow the fear of the unknown to eat away at me until the anxiety is hardly bearable? Oh ye of little faith! To allow myself to be consumed by stress is to waste energy not focusing on God. And better yet, who better to be concentrating on when the circumstances of my life are in question, than the master of my fate himself? God is in control. The world may shatter around you, as long you're heart is with God you have nothing to fear.


[Jesus said] "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."
Matthew 6:34


No comments:

Post a Comment